My Instagram Feed

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cupcake Recipes

Not sure when I will be able to cook or bake again, but hopefully in the next few weeks (though, not being able to weight bare makes getting around the kitchen quite difficult, let alone trying to get ingredients out of the cupboards). I am looking forward to my favorite treat. I haven't had cupcakes since Adam's birthday which was in October!

Chocolate Snack Cake (Company's Coming)
2 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
-Beat first 5 ingredients-
2/3 cup flour
2 tbsp cocoa, sifted
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
-Beat until smooth. Heat oven to 350. Bake 14 minutes. Though I always end up needing to bake for 20 mins. Depends on the oven, I guess - although all oven's I've used are the same on this one. This recipe makes one small cake, in an 8x8, or 6 cupcakes.

In these chocolate ones, I tried injecting caramel sauce, but I didn't have a syringe type thing, so it didn't really work, but they still tasted really nice with the caramel sauce. Don't try baking the sauce inside, unless you want a pudding, inject it after the come out of the oven.

Starlight Yellow Cake (Betty Crocker)
2 1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cup milk
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3 large eggs
-Beat all ingredients with electric mixer on low for 30 secs, scraping bowl. Beat on high for 3 minutes. Pour into greased 9x13, or 2x9" round pans, or 3x8" round pans, or makes about 24 cupcakes. Bake at 350 for 25-40 minutes, depending on pans used.

2 comments:

Sharon January 30, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

Yes I can vouch for these cakes. They are delightful and so pretty to boot. How do you do your icing? I will talk to you later. I have left the car outside your place but bought the keys home because the door was shut and didn't want to disturb you.

Anonymous,  January 30, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

Yummy! Too bad I'm not eating that stuff these days - though I could still bake them and let everyone else enjoy - do you think my will power is strong enough?

Mom