My Instagram Feed

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Kids say the darnest things

A few months ago, the little neighbour boy poked his head in through our garage door one morning, and asked me what I was doing. I replied I was ironing, and he asked why. I explained, and he asked why 3 more times. Then, he says to me, in reference to Adam (my husband), "what's your Dad doing?". We laughed so hard, poor little guy, and I can't stop laughing about it even now. I'm not sure which of us two should be more insulted.

Then, last week, I was hopping my way to the car, and he was riding his bike past me. Of course, he stopped, and asked me if I hurt my leg again (since it seemed to him that I've been on crutches for much too long!). "No", I replied, "same injury", and he asked what I did to hurt myself. As we are talking, Adam comes down the side stairs with my wheelchair, and the little guy asks me this time, "What's your Uncle doing?". I again BURST out laughing, and try again to explain that he is my husband. I guess he's not quite old enough to get it yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  March 10, 2009 at 4:49 AM  

Hi Kath! So cute! It's funny that he went from Dad to Uncle....he obviously remembered that he'd made a mistake last time! How old is he? I love hearing that Aussie accent when little kids are speaking it just sounds so cute!

Mom

Unknown March 12, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

He's about 4, I'd say. Not in school yet. He's adorable! But they moved the about a week ago...