My Instagram Feed

Thursday, January 7, 2010

My 30th Birthday

I have been off and on about being concerned that I am now 30. I already have heaps of gray hair, but that started years ago, so I'm over it. I don't have kids yet, and I never wanted to be an old mom, but I have a little while yet before that's much of an issue. I don't have any real wrinkles...well, not any that I count as such. Overall, I don't think it really bothers me to get older. What bothers me is feeling old. And this year has made me feel really old. Wheelchairs, hobbling around, lots of visits to the hospital, and on and on. I am really hoping 2010 is a much easier ride.

But, I did have a really great birthday! Hubby and I went away for a few days and nights to a beautiful apartment with spectacular views. We had people over for one of those days in celebration of our 30th birthday's. We spent time in the pool, in the ocean, eating and relaxing. It was so nice to get away. Here are some photos:











This year has been kind of rough, so this small break was really nice to have. I spent so much of my time in bed, or resting, then as soon as I was a little more back to normal, I spent ALL my time working, trying to catch up on the first half of the year. We need to take these kind of breaks more often, and this year we'll have a few chances for that, so I'm looking forward to those!

Here are some photos of some presents I got, of which I'm really excited about:

The Cupcake Courier:

Office-y things, which I LOVE. I love paper, organization, and metal rulers (this is one of those cool things that happened when someone listened to an off-hand remark about how I needed a metal ruler longer than 30cm, so bought me a 60cm one!):
This thing is AWESOME! I use it to make the best sliced fried potatoes ever! And I've also been using it to finely chop onions for adding into hamburger patties, or soups, etc...
Vinyl:
Very cool vintage papers and cards:
A box of fun treats from my best pal back in Canada:
Vintage nighty:
Handmade potholders and towel, from my Grandma:
Decorating Sprinkles:

Baking cups:
Cookie cutters:
Chocolate molds:
I also got a beautiful sheet set, some PJ's and other goodies, like chocolate (Reece's!!), from home. People also brought me homemade baking too. It was a really nice birthday.

Being 30 feels no different than being 29, or 31, I'm sure. So I'm looking forward to spending this year getting older, but not feeling older.

3 comments:

Heidi January 9, 2010 at 7:01 AM  

Hey! Have you got our card and stuff in the mail yet? They told me it might between 3 and 8 wks...so....

Anonymous,  January 12, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

30 - hard to believe it! Thanks for all the updates! Mom

Bev February 3, 2010 at 3:30 AM  

I hadn't read your blog in a long time because there was a while you hadn't posted anything...so had a lot of catching up to do! I'm glad you celebrated a great birthday! and you got lots of great gifts! Turns out I'm almost twice as old as you are. As long as the body holds out, how you feel on the inside doesn't change much over the years. Your cake looks SO much like the ones your grandma used to make us for our birthdays! I used to save the 7-Minute Frosting for last. And I, too, love fresh new papers and pens and metal rulers and office organizers. Have a great 2010, Kath!