My Instagram Feed

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Victorian Bushfire Appeal

The recent fires here in Australia have left many displaced, with nothing, and probably mourning family and friends who've sadly perished. I can't watch the news, or read reports without crying my eyes out. I wish I could help by all the cool ways Aussies have come together to try and make a difference.

There are international helpers too *wink wink*, and in case you have time, here are some links, and maybe some of you who have some free time might want to participate, and help out all these people who have lost EVERYTHING.

With Handmade Help you can buy or sell from where you are, not having to send anything, except your product to the buyer, which they pay for (using your regular means of selling with ebay or etsy, etc)

Rainbow Comfort Packs
are also a nice way to help. You can send things in for the packs, or just donate towards one.

Here is a cute little tutorial for a kids backpack. Looks really simple, and very cute, that you could send in.

I wish I could do something handmade, but I am still in bed, waiting for things to get better.

Coles grocery stores are donating all proceeds this on Friday the 13th to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal. So, if you need to do your groceries, brave the crowds, and go to a Coles, at the least.

And of course, the Red Cross is there, doing all they can for all these victims too. And don't forget about all those who have lost everything with all the flooding thats gone on in North Queensland too.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  February 13, 2009 at 6:46 AM  

Thanks Kath! I will follow up on your links when I am at home. (your blog never opens at work but today it did!) I have been thinking about how I can help out - even living so far away it is very easy to donate thru the RedCross- I have just gone on their website before and you can print out a receipt right away.

Take care- will call u on the weekend. Love you! Mom

Judy February 18, 2009 at 3:30 AM  

It all looks unbelievable...what's happened out there! Good job...in posting links so that we can actually do something to help.