My Instagram Feed

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Creamy Vegetable Pasta

Here is another copy-cat recipe from my friend Nicole (here is the first one). She loves to cook and bake, and does it SO well! She once again made the entire family dinner (that was food for 7 of us). I loved it, it was amazing. So, I decided to copy her again :) It was a creamy cheesy veggie pasta dish. Except I changed the creamy cheese sauce to a creamy tomato sauce.


Ingredients:
Tortellini (any flavour, really, but I used a spinach & cheese stuffed tortellini), or Ravioli
Spaghetti Sauce (any flavour)
Cream
Bacon, chopped
Zucchini, chopped
Pumpkin, chopped
Onion, chopped
Garlic, minced
(other veggies if you want, maybe carrot and red peppers - capsicum, to you Aussies)
Parmesan Cheese

Method:
*Chop up pumpkin into smaller pieces, and pan fry in some olive oil. Add chopped up zucchini once the pumpkin starts to soften. Add chopped onions & garlic as well.

*Fry bacon and chop it up into small pieces.

*Heat up spaghetti sauce in a pot, and add cream. We like it slightly more tomato-y, so I use a jar of sauce and about 1/3 to 1/2 cup cream. I also add my own spices to the pre-made sauces as they never quite taste nice enough on their own. So add any other spices you like (oregano, pepper, rosemary, etc...)

*Cook tortellini to package instructions.

*Add veggies to the sauce, and heat the sauce and veggies together for a few minutes. Serve over pasta with some grated Parmesan cheese. Yummmm

This was my first time cooking pumpkin, so it was a little mushy, and kind of blended into the sauce more than I would have liked. You might not want to cook the veggies in the sauce then...either way, it still tasted nice.

Once again, sorry for the crappy photo. Our lighting is terrible in this place, and it's dark before we eat dinner every night, so I never get nice dinner photos.