My Instagram Feed

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Savory Buns


Using the same recipe, I needed an excuse to be allowed to make a few more cinnamon buns, so I conned hubby by offering to make some savory rolls with the same dough. It was actually his idea - smart guy! I used the exact same recipe, though I divided the dough into three parts this time, instead of two.

I spread one with pizza sauce green onion and olives. The next one I spread with butter, and sprinkled crushed garlic, green onion, and mozza cheese. Once I rolled each section up, I cut them into thinner strips too, so they made smaller, neater and nicer rolls. I let them rise, and then sprinkled a little bit more cheese on top, and baked for about 12 minutes. These were so delicious! And worked really well with a sweet dough. I noticed the garlic was even sweet all by itself, but they tasted really nice. A perfect snack, and they freeze well too! I'll definitely do these again, they were so easy.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  August 20, 2009 at 2:16 AM  

Yummy! I gotta try those! Mom