My Instagram Feed

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Slice & Bake Cookies

Ok, last one for a while. I need to quit baking sweets. I was making up for lost time, but it's too much! (I may do something Halloween-y though, and oh yeah, a certain someone has a birthday next week...maybe I won't get to take a break after all...then it's Christmas too!...)


These were decent, but by far best straight out of the oven. I'm sure freezing would work well too. I refrigerated half the dough for a few days, and baked it a few days after the first. I like how you can customize the recipe yourself, and they give you a few different options in the book (but I think I'll leave their suggestions for you to find out).


This photo is from the cookbook:

Ingredients:

(from WW "cupcakes cheesecakes cookies" recipe book)

250g butter, softened
1 1/4 cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup cornflour
2 tbsp milk
mini M&M's

Method:
Beat butter, sifted icing sugar, and vanilla in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in flours and M&M's, in two batches, then add the milk.

Divide the mixture in half. Wrap each log in baking paper; refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm.

Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced) / 325°F. Line with trays baking paper.

Cut logs into 1cm slices and place on trays. Bake about 20 minutes. Cool on wire racks.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  October 6, 2009 at 6:50 AM  

Rice flour? Corn flour? Are these things that you normally have in your pantry? Can regular flour be substituted? I think I want to try them cuz I have cream cheese in the fridge and have made too many cheesecakes lately!! (4 for 2 different family bbq's- sorry Adam wasn't here to enjoy!)
Mom

Unknown October 6, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

I'd say substituting would be fine. Or maybe buy a finer ground flour (like cake flour...?). The rice and corn flour are really fine. Or just use corn flour for both the rice and corn measurements...Mmm, I haven't had a cheesecake in AGES! I might make one for my b-day. I have a huge recipe book full of them :)