My Instagram Feed

Monday, March 1, 2010

GOLD!

Oh my goodness, I can't not say anything - THAT WAS INCREDIBLE! I'm by no means an Olympic fan. I didn't even see one lick of coverage during this Olympics. Not because I didn't want to - afterall, I am from Vancouver (or just outside of it), but we don't have a tv. And I couldn't find live internet footage. Not to mention we have to pay per MB used (online video = $$ down the toilet). I did manage to see the OT period of the US vs Canada men's hockey game for Gold though, and, like all the other Canucks abroad, I am so proud to be a Canadian! That was incredible! And I can't imagine a better competitor than the US. It was a game to be proud of for both sides! Nothing better than a worthy opponent, especially for a game like this. Congratulations Canada! And Congratulations USA!

3 comments:

Bev March 2, 2010 at 3:53 AM  

It was a super game - even for someone who hasn't watched much hockey in the past 33 years! - made even better because "my team" won. But I think the hi-light of these Olympic games for me was hearing and seeing huge crowds of Canadians actually singing "O Canada" and doing so enthusiastically! My winter soul is still in Canada!

Unknown March 3, 2010 at 1:04 AM  

I know! It brings tears to my eyes :) I found the hockey game online, so Adam and I are going to watch it this week I hope - I want the whole experience.

Trish March 6, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

Amen...grin! I am not a hockey expert but afterall...I AM Canadian so we all stopped here and watched. BTW...love your blog title. Right now I SHOULD be cleaning up....oh well!