My Instagram Feed

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Tags


I needed some tags for gift wrapping and I get sick of all the store-bought cheesy designs. The best part about presents is wrapping them. I love to make them look nice and hand-made-crafty, so I almost always make my own tags. This year, I've been hung up on red, green & blue for Christmas colours, so that's what I went with.  I've made a PDF to share, so feel free to download them. Red/Green or Red/Blue. There are 17 tags, about 4cm x 8cm / 1-1/2" x 3" per sheet of A4. For 8.5" x 11" paper, simply scale the page to fit in the printer settings.


1. Print onto card stock, and cut out using an exacto knife (or scissors, if you're not a perfectionist). See Tip below.

2. Mod Podge, or use a glue stick, to adhere them onto store bought tags. (I use mod podge because it's strong, and doesn't warp paper like other glues.)

I found some great tags at Ikea (and they matched my scheme to boot!), otherwise, just look at the office supply store, or here in Australia, many newsagents have tags you can buy. These are formatted to fit a large tag, but scale the printing down if you want smaller ones.


 3. Tie a string through the tag, and embelish it if you want.





Tip: I've found the best way to cut out multiple items printed onto one piece of paper is to use an exacto knife with a steel ruler as a guide (if you use plastic, you end up cutting chunks out of the ruler). I always cut as long a cut as possible, without cutting through the sheet. Ie, I do as much cutting inside the paper boundaries as I can. This way you don't have to fiddle around as much cutting out each individual piece. Make sense...?

Here are a few tied onto some stocking stuffers I put together.


2 comments:

Judy December 15, 2010 at 4:04 AM  

Great idea...and thanks for sharing the pattern.

Heidi December 15, 2010 at 4:15 AM  

your my christmas craft hero.