My Instagram Feed

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mexican Pizza

I have to admit, this idea didn't sound all that great to me, but now I am convinced you can add anything to a pizza and be happy. I think the sour cream makes it.

Here's what I did...

Ingredients:
Ground Beef, browned
Onion, diced
Red Pepper (Capsicum), diced
Garlic, diced
Taco Seasoning
Tomato, thinly sliced
Green Onion, diced
Olives, sliced
Cheese
Pizza Sauce (or make your own with tomato paste, garlic, pepper, salt, onion powder, rosemary & Italian herbs)
Pizza bases*
Sour Cream

* not the best photo, but food photos are hard to take here, as it's always dark by dinner time
Method:
1. Brown beef, onion, red pepper, and garlic in a pan until cooked through. Add taco seasoning and cook as per instructions on package (or make your own, add some water, and let the mixture simmer until reduced).
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C (and pre-heat pizza stone if you have one).
3. Cut up all other toppings.
4. Prepare pizza base with tomato pizza sauce (we also used a BBQ Tomato sauce, and it worked nicely)
5. Top pizza with some ground beef, and then add the other veggies, and then the cheese.
6. Bake for anywhere from 10 - 20 minutes, until cheese is beginning to brown.
7. Remove from oven, and top with small dollops of sour cream, and serve immediately. Only add sour cream to the pieces you will eat now...not too sure how left overs would look tomorrow...

*I used a thin-crust store-bought pizza crust base. It wasn't too bad. We wanted to try a thin crust, as my usual recipe is hard to get nice and thin. But, if you want a homemade taste, go for the handmade base. It's simple, and quick. Here is the recipe I always use.

0 comments: