My Instagram Feed

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Mini "Pies"

I made a proper pie once. It was awful. But I've since learned that it was my oven's fault, not mine (my oven has given me a lot of grief). I guess I've been scared to go to all that work again in case I get let down. So, I've been making these little guys for a while, in different forms. It's not really a proper pie, but it's a quick & painless substitute when I want dessert without too much trouble.

I noticed my favorite Bakerella recently did a little something similar here. Her's look amazing!


Ingredients:
1 Granny Smith Apple
I sheet puff pastry or shortcrust pastry
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Raw sugar for dusting

Method:
1.Cut your pastry sheet into 4 pieces & preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F (or whatever your pastry sheet instructions say.
2. Cut up an apple into small pieces (preferably Granny Smith, I used a Gala in this photo, as I didn't have any Grannies)

 3. Mix sugar and cinnamon together, and toss apples in mixture to coat

 
4. Spoon apples onto pastry sheet pieces, and wrap up & pinch pastry together to form a small bowl.


5. Sprinkle edges of pastry with raw sugar & bake for about 20 minutes. Serve hot with ice cream.

0 comments: